Using high energy acoustic waves that are introduced into the patient’s body in the form of high frequency oscillation, EPAT is effective in treating cellulite due to several effects of the pulse waves on both cellulite and skin tightening.
- Skin – promotes tightening of skin, improving the skin elasticity, structure, and contouring
- Fatty tissue – stimulates lipolysis and activation of metabolism to decrease fat cells.
- Circulation – increases blood flow and improves lymphatic drainage by stimulating agiogenisis
- Connective tissue – stimulates and activates collagen formation for tighter, firmer skin and tissue
- This treatment is ideal for saddlebags, the under arm, back of the legs/thighs, or even the stomach.
How long is the treatment?
Depending on how many areas of cellulite are being treated, each session of EPAT treatment usually lasts between 20 to 40 minutes. We recommend a total of 8-12 sessions over a four week period.
Is the treatment painful?
Actually, for most areas, such as the thighs and buttocks, the discomfort is usually minimal.
How soon can one see the results?
Usually within the first week one can notice the tightening and smoothing of the skin surface. The effect will be apparent after 8-12 sessions, and the full effect will be realized in about 2 to 3 months. The improvement usually will last for one to two years. It is recommended that annual maintenance treatments be done to maintain your results.
What are the potential risks/side effects?
The most common risks are temporary, such as bruising or redness of the treated area, pin point bleeding of the skin, and superficial spider veins. These side effects resolve quickly, often within 24 hours of the treatment.
Is there any down time?
The EPAT therapy is done in the office without any need of anesthetic or pain medication. The patient can resume all normal activities right after treatment. In fact, many patients here at LifeXL have the treatment done on their lunch break, and then return to work after.
Call LifeXL today for your free consultation!